Schwartz Media, publisher of the The Saturday Paper and The Monthly, is looking for a successful advertising Sales Manager to join our team.
Working closely with the Sales Director, you will be responsible for print and digital sales across both publications and will liaise with media agencies and direct clients to ensure revenue growth and client retention.
To be considered for this role you will have experience in successfully selling digital and print advertising for a non-major media brand. You will have demonstrated experience in exceeding sales targets and negotiating contracts. You will possess a positive attitude, a good work ethic and enjoy working as part of a high-performing team.
Ideally you will also have strong pre-existing relationships in the travel, finance, automotive and alcohol industries, but we will consider those with an excellent network of national media agency and direct client contacts in other industries.
- Sourcing, closing and growing new and existing business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Conducting introductory phone calls to identify and qualify prospective clients
- Setting up face-to-face meetings with prospects and active clients
- Planning and implementing strategies to generate prospects and follow up sales leads
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans as required
- Preparing unique and persuasive proposals and presentations for clients
- Responding to briefs and negotiating effectively with clients
- Raising awareness of all print and digital properties within the advertising industry
- Ensuring all current and prospective clients are aware of new products, services and initiatives launched
- Maintaining and updating contacts and activities using CRM software
Key selection criteria
- Three-plus years of media sales experience in digital and print
- Experience outside an established brand, e.g. with independent or niche media or a start-up
- Strong understanding of digital advertising processes and technology
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills and confidence
- Analytical and creative abilities
- Time management and organisation skills
- Demonstrated self-learning and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in Mac, MS Office, Gmail and Google Docs
- Understanding of digital metrics, e.g. Google Analytics, open rates, CTRs and CPMs
- A strong interest in Australian current affairs and culture
- Resilience, positivity and self-motivation with the desire to succeed
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]