Mid-senior drupal developer
Schwartz Media is seeking a passionate, sharp, full-time mid- senior level PHP and JS developer, with at least three years' experience, to join our team in Carlton, Melbourne. The successful applicant will have an essential role in developing and maintaining the software behind Australia's leading independent media company.
We’re building a new journalism-as-a-service business from the ground up, and this is your opportunity to shape the product, working alongside media professionals with a track record of success.
You will be supported by our team, and given the ability to expand your knowledge of Drupal 8, git, PHP, JS, HTML, CSS, responsive design, and more.
Skills and requirements
- Demonstrated experience with PHP, JS, HTML/CSS, relational databases. (MySQL/MariaDB), APIs, HTML email development and git.
- Experience with Drupal 8, Solr, Drupal custom themes, views and content types.
- Experience with Stripe or equivalent payment processor.
- Fluency in OS X or Linux.
- Diligence and an eye for detail.
- Ability to develop solutions independently.
- An interest in Docker and AWS cloud tools a plus, as is working with message queues.
- A strong interest in Australian current affairs and politics.
About Schwartz Media
Schwartz Media is a dynamic Australian publishing company. It is the name behind Australia's finest newspaper, The Saturday Paper, and the award-winning current affairs magazine, The Monthly.
Schwartz Media is in an exciting phase of expansion. If you're passionate about building websites and supporting quality journalism, we want to hear from you.
To be considered for this position, tell us why your motivation, skills and experience make you the right fit for this role.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by Friday, July 27.