The Monthly and The Saturday Paper
Schwartz Media, the publisher of the Monthly and The Saturday Paper, has a rare opportunity for a multi-talented marketing manager to continue the growth of our brands and subscription businesses. This is a full-time position, based at our office in Carlton.
This is a position for someone who cares about building a unique brand – an offering more serious and more sophisticated than its competitors’, that celebrates quality in every part of its business. This is about embracing the best of what media can be.
Taking a leadership role in the marketing, subscriptions and IT teams, you will both develop and implement campaigns and strategies to attract a discerning audience. You will leverage owned media platforms and reach new readers via creative campaigns and partnerships.
You will ideally have previous success in acquiring subscribers or members, specifically in the media, publishing, arts, politics or corporate sector. You will have a track record of exceeding targets, working to deadlines and adapting to change. You will possess a positive attitude and a good work ethic, and enjoy contributing to a high-performing team.
What you will bring to the role
- Experience with growing new and challenger brands
- Strong skills and experience in the following areas:
- Email and direct marketing
- Publicity and partnerships
- Facebook, Twitter and AdWords advertising
- Digital metrics and campaign tracking
- Print and digital ad design and production
- The ability to write sharp, persuasive copy
- Proficiency in Mac, Adobe Creative Cloud, email marketing platforms, basic HTML coding and CSS, CMS and CRM software, Gmail, Google Apps for Work and MS Office
- Strong verbal communication and strategic thinking
- Strong numeracy and attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated self-learning and problem-solving abilities
- A strong interest in Australian current affairs and culture
- Resilience, positivity and self-motivation
How to apply
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday, 3 June 2016, but early applications are encouraged.