30 hours a month
Schwartz Media believes that Australia is more serious than it is often given credit for. With great optimism, we assay what is worst in this country in politics and power. With great faith, we interrogate what is best in arts and culture and society. We believe in the power of journalism to make this country better.
We’re looking for an experienced podcast producer to join our team at The Monthly. Working with the editor, you will be tasked with producing audio segments for each episode of a major new podcast series with Schwartz Media.
- have the ability to craft a written story into audio format.
- arrange, manage and produce quality interviews.
- manage audio production: source clips, script, record, edit and mix the podcast for transmission.
- publish each episode, and work with marketing to promote the podcast.
- oversee uploading, hosting and reporting.
- manage the studio space and equipment.
To be successful you:
- have extensive experience in sound editing.
- have exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to adapt written stories for different media formats.
- have great organisational skills.
- understand The Monthly audience.
- keep up with developments in web and audio technology.
- know how to source and operate sound equipment.
Experience in radio, audio production or podcasting is a must.